1. Open an Ableton Project and create a new MIDI track. Call the track “sync-clock” or something like that.
2. Add Ableton’s Operator to the “sync-clock” track. The goal here is to create a sound that will act as simple audio pulse, AKA a quick square blip. In your default instance of Operator
3. Create a midi clip that will trigger a note on every eighth note.
4. Change the “Audio To” settings on the tracks mixer to Ext. Out, and then select an extra output on your audio interface.
5. Find the corresponding output jack on your interface and connect your volca’s “sync-in” jack with a standard ⅛” cable. You may need to find some adapters here.
6. Congrats! When you play your clip, your volca should be synced up with your session. You might have to play with the track delay settings a bit to compensate for latency.